Bosentan Tablet (62.5mg, 125mg)
What is Farantan®?
Farantan® tablets _manufactured by Faran Shimi Pharmaceutical Company_ contain Bosentan. Farantan® is supplied in 62.5mg and 125mg tablets for oral administration. 10 tablets are packed in a blister and 6 blisters are packaged in one box with a leaflet.
What is Farantan ® tablet used for?
Farantan® is used to treat high blood pressure in the lungs.
How to use Farantan®?
• Use this drug as ordered by your doctor. Follow all instructions closely. • Take with or without food. • Keep taking this drug as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
What other drugs could affect Farantan®?
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of these drugs: • Cyclosporine • Glyburide
Is Farantan® safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
• Do not take this drug if you are pregnant. A pregnancy test will be done to show that you are NOT pregnant before starting this drug. • A pregnancy test will be done every month during treatment and for 1 month after the last dose. • Use 2 kinds of birth control during treatment and for 1 month after your last dose. • Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work as well to prevent pregnancy. Use some other kind of birth control also like a condom when taking this drug. • If you miss a period, have unprotected sex, or think that your birth control has not worked, call your doctor right away. • If you are breast-feeding. Do not breast-feed while you take this drug.
What to do if you miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Farantan®, take your medicine when you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at your regular time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time unless your doctor tells you to.
What to do if you overdose?
If you think there has been an overdose, call your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider right away.
Contraindications & Cautions
Who should not use Farantan®?
• If you have an allergy to bosentan or any other part of this drug. • If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. • If you are taking any of these drugs: Cyclosporine or glyburide.
Who should use with caution?
• Before taking Farantan®, tell your doctor if you have a/an liver disease or raised liver enzymes. • This drug may lower sperm counts in men. This may affect being able to father a child. Talk with the doctor.
What are some side effects of Farantan®?
All drugs may cause side effect. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or pharmacist if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away. -Side effects require medical attention as soon as possible: • Allergic reactions (rash, hives, swelling of the face, wheezing, tightness in the chest). • Feeling very tired or weak. • Very bad dizziness or passing out. • A heartbeat that does not feel normal. • Joint pain • Trouble breathing -Side effects require medical attention if it persists or worsens: Headache, Flushing, Nose irritation, Signs of a common cold.
How to store Farantan®?
• Store at room temperature and keep away from light and moisture. • Keep out of the reach and sight of children.